||Dangerous moving parts that need safeguarding are located in the three basic
areas described below:
- The point of operation is the point where work is performed on the material, such as
cutting, shaping, boring, or forming of stock
- Any area containing components of a power transmission mechanical system which transmits
energy to the machine part performing the work. These components include flywheels,
pulleys, belts, connecting rods, couplings, cams, spindles, chains, cranks, and gears
- All other moving parts of the machine which move while the machine is working. These can
rotating, and transverse
moving parts, as well as feed mechanisms and auxiliary parts.
This module covers the following sections:
- Machine Safeguarding Basics
- Machine Safeguarding Methods.